The Cliff Notes
Real estate broker, author, motivational speaker, entrepreneur, community leader, volunteer, breast cancer survivor and advocate, adventurist, endurance athlete, adrenaline driven type A control freak, a mom
Honors, Experience & Education
- Author & Motivational Speaker: Grit Under My Nails – A Memoir In Three Acts
- Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate: Broker Associate and Top Producer
- Ellen Terry, Realtors: Senior Vice-President, Executive Council and Hall of Fame
- D-Magazine: Named “Top Real Estate Agents in Dallas” Multiple Years
- $100 Million+ Producer – give or take a few million
- CRS Council Member – Certified Residential Specialist
- Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS)
- Represents distinctive properties in premier neighborhoods in the Dallas area
- Prior to Real Estate: 14+ years Negotiating, Management and Systems Design with Fortune 100 Corporations with a focus on Telecommunications and Technology. Consultant with PriceWaterHouseCoopers, Sprint Network Architect & Technical Specialist.
- Bachelors Degree with Majors in Economics and Computer Science from University of Pretoria, South-Africa
- Graduate & Alum: Leadership Dallas
- Organizations: Dallas Round Table, Dallas Woman’s Forum, Preservation Dallas, Lakewood Neighborhood Association, Lakewood Service League, Lakewoodstock, Philanthropy in Dallas, Dallas World Affairs Council, Komen For The Cure
- Born in South Africa and became an US Citizen in 2003. Watch Henda’s swearing-in ceremony
Other Pursuits & Passions
An breast cancer survivor (diagnosed in 2009), she has become an activist in the fight against breast cancer, particularly regarding dense breast tissue. Her personal journey and efforts to change the standard of care turned into a major victory when Governor Perry signed Henda’s Law on June 17th, 2011 in Austin. The bill educates women and creates awareness about their breast density, and that supplemental screening in addition to mammography may benefit them.
She remains committed in the fight that a woman should not die from breast cancer and believe that early detection is the best chance we have on surviving a cancer diagnosis.
To motivate her to stay fit, Henda has discovered the joys of ultra endurance racing; being pushed to the edge physically allows her to stay sharp professionally. She has competed and earned a finishers medal in multiple stages races including the Himalayan 100 Mile Ultra in India and the TransRockies 120 Mile Run in Colorado. Her next race: The Namibian Desert Challenge!
In addition, she had reached the summit of El Misti at 19.100 feet, an active volcano in Peru. To reach the summit on Kilimanjaro and base camp on Mt Everest are still on the bucket list.
She also enjoys Sailing, Scuba Diving, Horseback Riding, Skiing, Photography, and Adventure Travel to anywhere on the planet.
Henda would like to be a published author one day, and what better way to start than blogging about real estate and sharing her story about breast cancer & her life journey!
Henda’s Favorite quote:
“To dream anything you want to dream. That’s the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do. That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed.” Bernard Edmonds